Product description: The HGV flow plate is specifically manufactured for use by HGV’s and light vehicles.
- The key difference between this product and the standard flow plate is the material size used is a far heavier gauge (10mm) thick durbar checked plate.
- The product also has an oil light bush hinge system to allow for heavier vehicle use and offers greater protection to the hinge mechanism.
- The flow plate offers a spring mechanism to keep the plate in the upright position. Springs are replaceable and can be maintained easily.
- Our flow plates have rubber dampener’s to reduce noise when traffic passes, thus are ideal in residential car parks.
- The flow plate product is surface mounted, therefore there is no requirement to carry out extensive civil works.
- It is easily installed by bolting to most surface types.
- For residential car parks please see your standard range of flow plates.
Allpark Ltd strongly recommend the use of speed ramps and warning signage in conjunction with directional flow equipment.
- If you are looking for the plate to bolt down allowing two directional flow of traffic please let us know and we will add this to your order.
- If you have a specific product colour in mind than again please talk to us about your flow plate requirements and we will happily oblige
Extras: As manufacturers Allpark have the flexibility to offer our customers bespoke options to the flow plates
Downloads: Directional Flow Plates Fact Sheet (PDF)
This flow plate product is usually delivered within 10-15 days however at times of peak demand this may vary. If you require a quick turnaround or have special delivery instructions, please contact a member of our sales team who will be more than willing to help.
The product can be installed by using two methods of fixing a) surface mounted by bolting down with rubber expanding bolts or b) laying a concrete raft and fixing with anchor bolts. Asphalt surface mounting: The flow plates should be fitted to tarmac surfaces using rubber bolts are that they offer a dampening effect when traffic passes over. Rubber fixing plugs have an out side diameter of 22mm and are 75mm in depth, the actual bolt size is an M12 x 100mm. The flow plate should be laid in desired location, drill hole area should then be marked out. All holes should be drilled prior installation, do not fit the product until all of the surface holes have been drilled out. Important note: The rubber plugs and fixing bolt should be fitted to the product prior being dropped into location. Once the bolts have been loosely fitted drop the entire unit into the pre-drilled holes. Fitting a concrete raft: This method should be used if the road surface is in poor condition,if it's newer than six months old and/or has a asphalt surface depth of less than 50mm. A concrete foundation/slab should be laid, reinforcing should not be used. Once the concrete has set the product should be fitted as per the diagram below.